Purchases outside the continental US - please call for shipping rates
New York state residents are charged sales tax
The work(s) of art is/are sold by the Seller and purchased by the buyer upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Except as otherwise provided herein or elsewhere agreed in writing, payment in full is due and payable on the date of the invoice.
2. This is an invoice only. Title to the work(s) of art purchased shall not pass until payment in full has been received.
3. All applicable sales taxes have been charged on this transaction. The payment and remittance of use tax is the Buyer’s obligation. Seller reserves the right to collect out-of-state sales taxes from the buyer after the sale if seller becomes assessed with them.
4. The Buyer’s sole remedy for breach of any implied or express warranty therein shall be an action for rescission and, in any event, the absolute limit of the Seller’s liability and responsibility hereunder shall under no circumstances exceed the total sales price and seller shall not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages or lost profits.
5. A non-exclusive right to reproduce the work(s) of art is reserved by the Seller.
6. Risk or loss of the work(s) of art purchased shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery by the Seller to the address specified by the Buyer.
7. In accordance with the UCC and the New York Arts and Cultural Affairs Law, Seller guarantees that the work(s) of art purchased is by the named artist. If such work(s) proves not to be of such authorship as described, Seller will accept the return of the work(s) and return the sales price in full.
8. Any disputes arising out of this sale shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its choice of law provisions, and shall be submitted to the American Arbitration Association for an arbitration to be held before a single arbitrator in New York City, New York. The prevailing party in such arbitration shall be entitled to its costs and attorneys’ fees in connection with such arbitration proceeding, and the costs of enforcement and collection of any resulting arbitral award.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY OF AUTHENTICITY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO WARRANTIES OR AGREEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, HAVE BEEN MADE BY THE SELLER.
Oil on canvas
30 x 40 inches
Framed dimensions: 32 x 42 inches
Signed; also signed and titled on the reverse
Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc., New York City
Gail Descoeurs' "Sacred Storm" is a captivating painting that captures the dramatic interplay between nature's forces and the tranquil beauty of the landscape. The scene portrays a sweeping panorama of a vast grassy field, where the impending arrival of a storm is depicted with striking realism. Dark, billowing clouds loom on the horizon, their edges tinged with shades of gray and blue as they gather momentum. The atmosphere is charged with a sense of anticipation and energy, as the storm's approach is keenly felt.
Amidst this impending tempest, a ray of sunlight pierces through a break in the clouds, casting a radiant beam onto the landscape below. This play of light creates a dynamic contrast, illuminating the lush trees and verdant grass in a golden glow. The meticulous attention to detail allows viewers to feel the texture of the grass and the weight of the impending rain in the atmosphere.
"Sacred Storm" encapsulates the awe-inspiring grandeur of nature's power and beauty, juxtaposing the impending turmoil with the serene resilience of the natural world. It invites viewers to contemplate the delicate equilibrium between tranquility and turbulence, leaving a lasting impression of the sublime forces that shape our environment.
Artist Gail Descoeurs was born in Montreal in 1962 and was introduced to painting by her father at the age of 17. She is predominately self-taught and throughout her early career as an artist had supported herself by pursuing a career in mechanical drafting.
Deriving inspiration from the power of nature, she is moved by the different feelings that nature evokes. Her depiction of the natural world is at once bold and precise, yet serene and contemplative. Utilizing realist qualities, she reveals the perfect stillness in nature as timeless and ever powerful. Evoking memories, dreams, and imagination her paintings create an ambience of profound peace in the magnificent detail of our natural environment.
In 2006, Gail became a professional artist and has rapidly gained recognition for her timeless artwork that borders on the mystical. She resides in the countryside to stay close to nature where she feels at peace and inspired every day.
Gail noted that she “feels very grateful and privileged to be an artist, teaching and painting full time. It allows me to pause to delight and appreciate the simple joys of everyday life, which in turn enables me to truly live.”