Purchases outside the continental US - please call for shipping rates
New York state residents are charged sales tax
Terms of Sale:
The work of art seen and described above is sold by the Seller and purchased by the Buyer upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Except as otherwise provided herein or elsewhere agreed in writing, payment in full is due and payable on the date of the invoice.
2. Title of the work of art above shall not pass until payment in full has been received.
3. All applicable sales taxes have been charged on this transaction. The payment and remittance of use tax is the Buyer's obligation. Seller reserves the right to collect out-of-state sales taxes from the buyer after the sale if seller becomes assessed with them.
4. The Buyer's sole remedy for breach of any implied or express warranty therein shall be an action for rescission and, in any event, the absolute limit of the Seller's liability and responsibility hereunder shall under no circumstances exceed the total sales price and Seller shall not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.
5. A non-exclusive right to reproduce the work of art described above is reserved by the Seller.
6. Risk or loss of the work of art described above shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery by the Seller to the address specified by the Buyer.
7. Seller unconditionally guarantees the authenticity of the work of art described above and, in the event such work proves not to be authentic as described, will accept the return of the work and return the sales price in full.
Except for the warranty of authenticity set forth above, no warranties or agreements, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, have been made by the Seller.
Oil on panel
10 x 8 inches
Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc., New York City
Vanessa Lemen is an award-winning painter who lives and works in Carlsbad, CA. Her work has been shown in galleries and exhibitions internationally and is in private collections internationally, and Rehs Contemporary Galleries in NYC represent her. With eight paintings exclusively published in the new Illustrated Limited Edition of The Left Hand Of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin (Easton Press/MBI, Inc) released in 2018, her work has also been published in such art books as Spectrum, Women of Wonder, The Journal, and Infected By Art.
Her paintings are featured in American Art Collector, ImagineFX, and Poets And Artists, and she writes monthly columns for the Muddy Colors blog. Vanessa has been interviewed by The Dark Art Society podcast, One Fantastic Week webcast, and the Everyday Artist podcast. Her recent work has earned her The Chesley Award and other awards in publications such as Infected By Art and Art Renewal Center's ARC Salon and participation in the International ARC Salon Exhibition.
Described through metaphorical imagery, it's excerpted from her personal journey and reflection that she credits most as the inspiration for her work, and rolling with the unexpected as the very nature of her process. Much like the spontaneity of a dialog, the marks on the surface are what evoke a response and then a discovery and a possibility of something new to form. Each piece she creates seems to come from a chaos, and in it, she is able to create a place of reflection and curiosity, a balance of the deep-seated and the unknown, with areas of rest and of movement that intertwine to form a calm amid the chaos.