Purchases outside the continental US - please call for shipping rates
New York state residents are charged sales tax
Terms of Sale:
The work of art seen and described above is sold by the Seller and purchased by the Buyer upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Except as otherwise provided herein or elsewhere agreed in writing, payment in full is due and payable on the date of the invoice.
2. Title of the work of art above shall not pass until payment in full has been received.
3. All applicable sales taxes have been charged on this transaction. The payment and remittance of use tax is the Buyer's obligation. Seller reserves the right to collect out-of-state sales taxes from the buyer after the sale if seller becomes assessed with them.
4. The Buyer's sole remedy for breach of any implied or express warranty therein shall be an action for rescission and, in any event, the absolute limit of the Seller's liability and responsibility hereunder shall under no circumstances exceed the total sales price and Seller shall not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.
5. A non-exclusive right to reproduce the work of art described above is reserved by the Seller.
6. Risk or loss of the work of art described above shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery by the Seller to the address specified by the Buyer.
7. Seller unconditionally guarantees the authenticity of the work of art described above and, in the event such work proves not to be authentic as described, will accept the return of the work and return the sales price in full.
Except for the warranty of authenticity set forth above, no warranties or agreements, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, have been made by the Seller.
Field of Gold
Oil on canvas
30 x 48 inches
Framed dimensions: 32 x 50 inches
Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc., New York City
Where blessedness takes you in its arms.
Artist Gail Descoeurs was born in Montreal in 1962 and was introduced to painting by her father at the age of 17. She is predominately self-taught and throughout her early career as an artist had supported herself by pursuing a career in mechanical drafting.
Deriving inspiration from the power of nature, she is moved by the different feelings that nature evokes. Her depiction of the natural world is at once bold and precise, yet serene and contemplative. Utilizing realist qualities, she reveals the perfect stillness in nature as timeless and ever powerful. Evoking memories, dreams, and imagination her paintings create an ambience of profound peace in the magnificent detail of our natural environment.
In 2006, Gail became a professional artist and has rapidly gained recognition for her timeless artwork that borders on the mystical. She resides in the countryside to stay close to nature where she feels at peace and inspired every day.
Gail noted that she “feels very grateful and privileged to be an artist, teaching and painting full time. It allows me to pause to delight and appreciate the simple joys of everyday life, which in turn enables me to truly live.”