Purchases outside the continental US - please call for shipping rates
New York state residents are charged sales tax
Terms of Sale:
The work of art seen and described above is sold by the Seller and purchased by the Buyer upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Except as otherwise provided herein or elsewhere agreed in writing, payment in full is due and payable on the date of the invoice.
2. Title of the work of art above shall not pass until payment in full has been received.
3. All applicable sales taxes have been charged on this transaction. The payment and remittance of use tax is the Buyer's obligation. Seller reserves the right to collect out-of-state sales taxes from the buyer after the sale if seller becomes assessed with them.
4. The Buyer's sole remedy for breach of any implied or express warranty therein shall be an action for rescission and, in any event, the absolute limit of the Seller's liability and responsibility hereunder shall under no circumstances exceed the total sales price and Seller shall not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.
5. A non-exclusive right to reproduce the work of art described above is reserved by the Seller.
6. Risk or loss of the work of art described above shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery by the Seller to the address specified by the Buyer.
7. Seller unconditionally guarantees the authenticity of the work of art described above and, in the event such work proves not to be authentic as described, will accept the return of the work and return the sales price in full.
Except for the warranty of authenticity set forth above, no warranties or agreements, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, have been made by the Seller.
Oil on panel
9 x 12 inches
Framed dimensions: 13.5 x 16.5 inches
Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc., New York City
Beginning his artistic endeavors at an early age, Andrew Orr received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music after which he began his studies in art with courses at the University of New Mexico, New Mexico with impressionist Carol McIlroy, David P. Curtis and Joseph McGurl. Orr’s work has shown in many locations in the United States, has won awards with National juried exhibitions of the Oil Painters of America, the Salmagundi Club, the American Artist’s Professional League and the Guild of Boston Artists. His work has been featured in several one-person exhibitions.
An elected member of the Guild of Boston Artists, Andrew Orr’s awards include Alden Bryan Prize awarded by the Guild and the Alden Bryan Medal through Bryan Memorial Gallery, Vermont. Additional awards include the Barbara Carter Award for Excellence from the Oil Painters of America, he is three times the winner of the Arthur T Hill Award for a Landscape from the Salmagundi Club, the Claude Parsons Award for a Landscape and the Helen DeCozen Award for a floral, both from the American Artists Professional League. He is the recipient of the Charles Movalli Medal for Excellence in Painting. Orr received recognition with his work wining First Place Overall with Plein Air Magazine’s, Plein Air Salon monthly competition March 2021. An award winner with regional Plein Air events, Andrew received Best in Show with Plein Air Vermont, 2012 awarded by M. Stephen Doherty, editor, Plein Air Magazine. His work was selected as a finalist as part of Art Renewal Center’s International Salon and a feature story about his work appeared in the 2013 April-May Issue of Plein Air Magazine and in August, 2015, American Art Review. In 2019 he was listed as An Artist to Watch by the publication, Vermont Art Guide.
Orr makes his home on the northern border of Vermont surrounded by fields, forests which often make up the subjects of his paintings. When he is not working in his studio, a converted horse barn, he is often found tending the vegetable garden enjoying all the elements a bucolic life in Vermont has to offer.